Dental implants are titanium inserts that take the place of tooth roots. They are firmly fixed into the jawbone on which a fixed or removable false tooth [prosthesis] can be attached to look and function like a natural tooth.
1.No need of removable dentures.
2. No need to grind natural adjacent teeth for fabrication of bridges.
3. Implants are biocompatible.
4. With proper care and oral hygiene, implants usually last a lifetime.
5. Implants provide stability and comfort.
6. Eliminate the need for adjustment once placed.
7. Stimulate natural bone minimising further bone loss.
-Individually made ceramic crowns look and feel like natural teeth.
2. Multiple tooth replacement
- A Bridge supported on implants.
- Natural looking replacement for missing teeth.
3. Full mouth replacement of teeth
A. With Removable implant overdenture:
- Cost effective option.
- New teeth are attached to 2 or more dental implants.
- The prosthesis is removable.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- The need for denture adhesive is eliminated.
B. With Fixed implant supported bridges: